Vibration

Please let us know.

I remember a fellow LR enthusiast and his wife who have passed from Greece on their way to NZ by car. They were travelling in a Defender110 V8 (3.5 with LPG) and have started to have problem with the engine.

It turned out that their spark plugs, high tension wires and distributor cap needed replacing.

After that their V8 worked like a pussy-cat until they arrived in NZ.

(those interested to read about it can check here

and read about their days in Greece) Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:07:23 +0300, "Pantelis Giamarellos" enlightened us thusly:

well, done the plugs. and that made it a bit better, Magnecor leads are on order.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well, I have read the article that is very good and I now know all about what is going on to cause the vibrations. Still not sure what I'm going to do to stop it though. I have tried loading the back up to lower it down to standard height and all the vibration disappeared, so I know that it is the angle of the prop shaft that is the probable cause of the vibration. It took 1 anvil and 7 weights off the front of a tractor to lower it to standard height, which at a guess is 3500Kg. I think the best option will be to make a prop with a double joint or the alternative, twist the axle up to reduce the angle (at the risk of problems caused by both end not being parallel)

Pantelis sent me this link

which looks interesting but I don't think will help me as I don't think I have a balance problem but it may be of use to someone.

Regards

Liam

Reply to
Liam