waving!

Wouldn't they be hard to see through, being painted green and all....

- Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Hello Prof. I still wave at any series or defenders here in Manchester. Funny story though was when I was posted at RAF Saxavord Unst Shetlands. You got into a local habit of a lifting a indexfinger while steering. When I crossed over by sea ferry to Aberdeen following my habit of lifting finger or palm the responce was two finger or one finger salute.

regards john

Reply to
John Oakes

Twas Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:39:46 +0100 when "Andrew" put finger to keyboard producing:

ok, so I missed a comma....

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

in article c5msv8$bg7$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk, Prof Rollerball at snipped-for-privacy@miller-williams.freeserve.co.uk wrote on 14/4/04 10:43 pm:

Whilst driving the lightweight I can honestly say that all but one of the drivers of passing 90'a 110's and other series vehicles has waved. You get the occassional wave from a RR or Disco driver, but generally, older vehicles. Ther Series 3 gets its fair share of waves also, but its the Lightweight that definately gets the most.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article c5msv8$bg7$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk, Prof Rollerball at snipped-for-privacy@miller-williams.freeserve.co.uk wrote on 14/4/04 10:43 pm:

I usually acknowledge other Landys... with a wave or a flash of the roof spots ;-) and not just 110's... wouldn't wave to a new RR though, does this make me a snob?

Reply to
david sillitoe

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mr.Nice. at snipped-for-privacy@-nospam-clara.co.uk wrote on 16/4/04 9:00 am:

Good point, most commercial Defender drivers ignore me if I wave, presumably thinking "there's another Landy nerd" rather than one of the poor bastards who are told to drive one, and presumably resent it ;-)

Reply to
david sillitoe

I don't normally acknowledge other Discos, because most Disco drivers wouldn't have the faintest idea why I was waving. I don't normally acknowledge other Land Rover drivers either, because I think if I were to wave, they'd think I was some sort of urban cowboy trying to make out he had a proper Land Rover. Sorry folks...

Reply to
David French

Twas Sat, 17 Apr 2004 11:44:55 +0100 when "David French" put finger to keyboard producing:

get a snorkle on it, you'll then look like one of 'us' again...

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Twas Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:56:25 +0000 (UTC) when david sillitoe put finger to keyboard producing:

the few new RR's round here are driven by a 'different' class of driver.

there is a really nice P38 along the road and the driver came over for a chat last night while I was under the bonnet of my 110, I was only filling the screen washer bottle but it still counts.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

You'll get a wave from Series and 110/90/Defenders in Seffrica as well - as above, from enthusiasts. Discos, Rangies and Freelanders don't seem to bother though. Haven't seen much of it it Zimbabwe - the cops all drive Defender 110's and you don't want to bother them! Wonder when all those ZRP Landies will come up for disposal?

Steve '84 110 V8 Durban South Africa

Reply to
Steve Maloney

Gosh! What a long thread I've started! I thought I'd wave at another 90 yesterday to see what happened. No response! I have occasionally waved at Series 1's. Next I'll try waving at VW Golfs when I'm out in my Golf!!! Perhaps the idea can be applied to footwear too - if I see someone else in brown elasticated "Arrowwear" workboots like mine, I'll give a cheery wave.

Cheers, RB - consider yourselves waved at.

Reply to
Prof Rollerball