Way OT: Nasa TV

Well I blundered across this after clocking the launch on the BBC web site, they are docking with the Space station tomorrow and broadcast quite a bit live. Theres a running commentary on the NASA TV link , Crew are due in bed in 30 + min so may be not much happening in the immediate future.

and select the Nasa TV links

Though it would be of interest as so many of us are living the dream with our landies

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I thought you meant we are a bunch of space cadets!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

LOL I would have deleted the reference to Bydo before mentioning space cadets mate

Derek

pot'hbe'chug yay qatlh p"eghlu'

pauses to see who understands the irony

Reply to
Derek

Eugh. A trekkie.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I think the British Space Agency might hesitate over sending a Land Rover to the Moon or Mars. But they're about the only places Land Rovers haven't been.

Yet.

Reply to
David G. Bell

We (well, ESA..) are sticking with Russian technology for that sort of stuff. They're the ones with the pedigree: it's from the same design bureau as did Lunakhod, way back when.

The 1/2-scale trial chassis arrives here soon :)

:)

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Andrew Robert Breen uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Well at least that explains where all the Zils are going to off ebay :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

If it's as tough as them (or a GAZ), we're probably OK..

Tell you, though - I've never seen anything, ever, which has axle articulation like this thing. Six wheels, all with independent steering, drive and height. Dam' thing can probably walk as well as roll..

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen