Who's is this - Where can i get one

Mark Solesbury

"Mark Solesbury" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

that log road reminded my of going into work this morning -and out in me new Daf truck this afternoon ,any one need some cheap firewood ? Cheshire is groaning under the weight of the fallen trees. Up to the lakes tomoro I get to see the world me.

Derek

Reply to
Derek

that is sweet! is it 4wd too?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Ace!!

Notice the independent front suspension and rear beam axle, could this be the new model Defender? If so, I have concerns about the load space.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Looks scratch-built. I've not seen the full video yet, but Tamiya did a 'crap' full 4wd with axles that looked like that, so it could be a version of that model, but I know of no ready-made kit like it.

I'll have a proper look at the video later and report back ... ;)

(I was head referee for BRCA

1/10th off-road buggies for a few years and have raced R/C off-road buggies for about 20 odd years or more)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Fri, 19 Jan 2007 07:21:57 -0000, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

I was thinking it looked scratch-built. Nice job, whoever did it - loads of articulation on the back end at least. It does appear to be 4x4. Mind, I'd have made some mud for it to play in as well.

details like the tyres and wheels say scratchbuild to me, they're too accurate to scale. Unless someone's doing suitable scale MT tyres and

8-spoke wheels, they might be of course.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

The poster is a Land Rover fanatic

My french is appalling but I think he had it made for him by

Rob

I now think that the base vehicle is definitely a Tamiya, most of the parts are standard parts, including the wheels, but from other kits and some home-made mods to it.

Looking further into Youtube confirms this as they've also made other vids, including

where the title is Tamiya XC ... ;) The Touareg _is_ a standard bodykit from Tamiya ... dunno about the Landie, unless it's brand new this year. Indeed,
is the item I first thought of. You can't quite see the detail of the axles, but IIRC they are about right, just needing different wheels, body and a bit of body-chopping.
Whilst not being quite the same is a standard kit, in a similar vein.
The Landie seems to be an amalgamation of a number of different kits.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

The new 105 XF by any chance?

Reply to
bones

Just getting into the 1/5th myself, A mate bought around an FG marder 23cc.Awesome buggy. I opted for the beetle with the same engine,Added a few more blingy bits and upgrades and now i think im hooked. If i go out plugging in the Landy i always take it with me,Loadsa fun.

Would love to get a Defender body shell like in the video for it.

Reply to
bones

Heheheheh, I think I have about 19 different cars ... can't remember exactly. Some of them, of course, are in the shed and probably not worth running, but at least 7 are run regularly.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Id like to get an rc car - Any pointers?

Ive got a handset, with a band 3 chip, but thats about it.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Buy something from a local model shop, that's cheap, doesn't go fast but can take a few knocks. Go to a local large car-park (Shopping centre) when it's empty and learn to drive it, break it, fix it and then you'll have an idea what you _really_ want. ;)

If possible find someone, or a club, local to you who can bring their kit along and run them together, and who might also show you a few tips to keep it going.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

|| Mark Solesbury wrote: |||

||| ||| || The poster is a Land Rover fanatic ||
Hmmm. His "landiste préféré" is quite sweet too. (Shouldn't that have been préférée?)

Reply to
Rich