wierdness 97 Disco (HELP)

Hi all, My 97 Disco is an immobile lump. The symptoms are: wont start (of course), can't move gear selector out of park, strange ticking sounds from a few locations in the dash area and near the front of the vehicle almost like light drumming, remote locking wont work, but when I use the key in driver door the locks go down or up together as they should. The Battery was new 8 months ago... Any insights, thoughts, similar experiences?

I am thankful that this issue waited to occur when I was back in town rather than in the bush last week.

Reply to
Amphora

Well, in the first instance I would ask when did it last start?

Secondly, the ticking - is that when you turn the key - if so, then I would say dead battery, enough to fire the solenoid, but not enough to keep it connected, hence the rat-tat-tat

Si

Reply to
Simon K

: > I am thankful that this issue waited to occur when I was back in town : rather : > than in the bush last week. : : : Well, in the first instance I would ask when did it last start? : : Secondly, the ticking - is that when you turn the key - if so, then I would : say dead battery, enough to fire the solenoid, but not enough to keep it : connected, hence the rat-tat-tat : : Si : Thanks for the response! It started yesterday, a couple hours later it was dead, maybe I'll get this battery warrenteed and try a new one.

Reply to
Amphora