Wiper Park

Hi, The wipers on the 300 Tdi Disco won't park properly and intermittant wipe sweeps the blades halfway then they stop for a while before completeing the wipe. Had a look for anything obvious with no luck, does anyone have any ideas at all? TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

My 97 300tdi Disco is doing a similar thing. The normal and fast speeds work OK but the intermittent and wash wipe functions don't park properly and have pauses in operation. Is this a worn wiper motor?

Reply to
Richard

Your park switch has died - unfortunately not available seperately from the motor on Discovery's.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Thu, 06 Jul 2006 09:37:42 +0100, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

ours is the same. new motor AIUI, but I might try pulling the old one apart afterwards, to see if it can be fixed.

park switch, undoubtedly - that affects parking and intermittent wipe but not normal wipe or wash-wipe cycle (until the end)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks all, so it's in the motor then. No wonder I couldn't find it. Go on Richard - how much for the required bits?

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB