1993 LS 400 Keyless entry programming.

My 1993 LS 400 has a key with a little button at the side and it does not lock/unlock as it should. I tried to follow a instruction set found on the web with no success. The car have the security switch and the battery have a new battery now. Anybody has the activation steps for it? Thanks.

Reply to
FSG via CarKB.com

Once you have replaced the battery, there are two competing theories for this phenomenon.

1) Saturation of the rf receiver in the car due to ageing components. 2) The button (inside the car) which turns the keyless entry on/off is set to off position or the contact surfaces of this button are slightly oxidized. Try switching repeatedly between on-off for 20 times or so. Test the key button. Try gently pushing the button towards the on-position and try pressing the key button simultaneously (for diagnosing the problem.)

My 1994 LS 400 has slight oxidization of the on-off switch for the keyless entry, and I, too, first replaced the battery only to notice that the button inside the car was not in 100 % working condition.

Reply to
Jyrki Alakuijala

Worth the try. I will post results soon. Thanks.

Reply to
FSG via CarKB.com