2006 - GS 300 What is the annual reg. fee?

Anyone know what the annual DMV registration fee is for a 2006 GS 300? I live in CA, but if you live elsewhere that's ok, I just want to get an idea of the range.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
alain

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. But, since you asked for it....a 2006 GS300 weighs 3,760 lbs I believe.

Automobiles, private use thru 2499 pounds $27.60 Automobiles, private use 2500-3499 35.60 Automobiles, private use 3500 45.60

Reply to
Travis Jordan

I wish yearly registration were only $45.60 in CA. For comparison, I have a

1994 Acura Vigor and I've been paying in the neighborhood of $75 per year for registration for the last 4 years! A new 2006 Lexus GS 300 has to be in the hundreds of dollars.

Reply to
alain

In CA , it is 2% of the value of the car. The car you want must list for about 40K -45K. Obviously your registration costs will decrease each year. After a certain point ( usually on a car 10 yrs old or more), you pay a flat rate . Every two years, the car must be put through a Dyno-Smog to get it registered. That adds about $ 100.00 to the cost of registration.

In other words , the higher the resale value , the more you pay each year! Every two years plan on a smog inspection to keep it licensed. Welcome to California.

Well, cheer up... here in Maine the first years registration for a new GS would run about 900- 1100. Would then drop a bit every year after that. My current lease is a 04 ES (I had 3 prior GS's and will likely get another when this lease runs out). The ES started about 700, this year it was about

450. Not much fun.
Reply to
chip

In Alabama On my 2004 RX 330 It was $350 and that was for 23 months and I only had to paid 3% sale tax on it because I bough it out of state.

Reply to
billy