2002 Lexus RX 300 navigation problem

Just recieved a new disc (the right one) for my RX. Installed it with key on and nav site says no disc. I need some help if any one can think of something else to do.

Reply to
southeast

Did you try turning the disc over?

Did you follow these instructions?

Ray O

Ray O, I used those instrutions to install my disc. Thank you for that information. I'm gonna see if I put it in upside down. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reply to
southeast

Well I didn't put it in wrong. Have seen on other message boards that the DVD driver had gone bad in some cases. Hope that's not the case. A costly endeavor. Any more thoughts on problem?

Reply to
southeast

See if the original DVD still works. If it does, the replacement DVD is probably bad.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O

Ray O, I just bought the car two weeks ago. There was no dvd in the driver. So dealer bought me a new dvd. Problem is I bought the car as is thinking all it needed was a new dvd. Talked to the only Lexus dealer in town they say bring it around to the courtesy area. They can look at it and probably fix it pretty quick. Yea! I wish.

Reply to
southeast

Hopefully, the dealer knows what is going on and can get you in and out quickly!

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O