94 ES300

Can someone tell me how to replace the antena mast on this car? I bought a new one and need to get the broken metal mast out.

The nylon cable is completely removed but apparently need to remove the

4 slotted chrome retainer where it sits on the car. It seems stuck?

What to do next?

thanks

Reply to
maui

The chrome retainer is threaded. Turn it counter-clockwise to remove it. Then, with a helper, have someone turn on the radio. As the remnants of the antenna and nylon drive extend, keep pulling until it all comes out. To install the new antenna, do the opposite. Once the antenna is all the way down, replace the lock nut.

Reply to
Ray O