Bent Antenna Mast

The antenna mast on my 2000 Miata is bent and will not go all the way down. It gets about 7 inches from the bottom then stops. I tried to "adjust" it but to no avail.

What do I need to do to replace this? The motor still works.

Thanks, DS

Reply to
David Smith

I found just the replacement mast online for about 30.00

If I attempt to replace this myself could someone give me detailed intructions on how to do this?

I would really appreciate it.

Reply to
David Smith

Take a look at

Good Luck!

Reply to
DanO

Easy enough. I changed mine after the garage door stopped 1/2 way up when I was backing out of the garage. Here is the link. Les '99 Blue

Les Banyas

Thanks.

I took the silver threaded piece and the black piece off from the outside of the car but I could not figure out how to remove the mast itself.

What do I need to do to actually remove the mast? Also, is there an easy way to tell if the cable is still intact without taking the motor apart?

Reply to
David Smith