Any lexus sedans with AWD?

Do any of the Sedans have AWD? thanks Nancy

Reply to
news reader

The IS, in showrooms this year, will have this option.

Reply to
Dan J. S.

The upcoming gs will have it in the beginning of next year.

Reply to
Kleviy

Reply to
news reader

Reply to
news reader

I don't think this is correct. While there have been rumors of a IS430 AWD (with a 4.3L V8 rather than the current inline-six), Lexus has made no annoucements and it now appears that they will not make any changes to the IS line until at least fall 2005, and sometime in 2006 is more likely. At this point, AWD on the IS is rumored, but not confirmed.

The AWD GS300 has been formerly announced for shipment in the spring of 2005 as an early-release 2006 model. This is the only Lexus AWD non-SUV model on the immediately horizon that I'm aware of, although the RX330, based on the Camry/ES platform is really more like a tall sedan than an SUV.

Long-term, I'd expect AWD to be offered as an option on nearly every Lexus model.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

so when do you expect the earliest this feature would be available? we're trying to decide whether to wait or get the rx330.

thanks

Reply to
news reader

Well, you can get AWD in the 2006 GS300, available spring 2005. In the LS430, I'd expect an AWD option in 2-3 years. On the ES, might be longer or never - the ES is based on the Camry and Toyota may not want to invest in developing AWD for this platform. I suspect a lot will depend on what Honda does with the Accord.

If you like the new GS, I'd wait a year and get the new AWD GS300. If you like car-like SUV's, get the RX330, but take a good look at the Acura MDX also. If you want a true sedan now with AWD, I'd go test drive an AWD Passat.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:26:49 GMT, "markjen" wrote: On the ES, might be longer or

Already have AWD on the Camry. It's called the Highlander.

Reply to
I am

Mark thanks very much!!!

Reply to
news reader

I have a 99 rx300 84000 miles. Since my last oil change, the check engine light came on. Now the overdrive is not working, any idea?

Reply to
Zenie