Are there Alternate Brake Pads & Rotors for LS 430?

As an alternate question to my question below - my 06 LS 430 Ultra is said by the dealer to need new brakes and rotors at 35,000 miles.
These brakes have been noisy and grabby when cold as in backing out of the garage in the morning; they initialy would vibrate the car when applied at road speed; they are very expensive, about double the cost of a German brand luxury car. The dealer has repeatedly told me that the noise and vibration are standard for the brand. In view of these factors, I have decided to try to find an alternative to the dealership for service. In Greenville, SC, this is likely to be some chain like Pep Boys, so I wonder what brands of brake parts are equal to or better than the OEM equipment. Has anyone had experience with their Lexus and different brakes?
Add pictures here
✖
Good brakes should not squeal at all. The OEM Akebono ProAct ceramics are actually decent pads. These are not performance pads like those used in true luxury Mercedes and BMWs, but not bad at all. You can buy Akebonos online at www.rockauto.com. Also see the Akebono site: www.akebonobrakes.com
If the rotors are warped, then you'll likely have vibrations all the time when you step on the brakes. Otherwise Toyota Lexus are known to have weak ball joints prone to failure. Worn wheel bearings and other suspension components can also contribute to vibrations. I think your caliper rubber parts may need replacing as well as these may affect brake application.
Broken ball joints can do this on a Lexus:
http://www.chrisandnat.com/projects/LexusBallJoint/f0.JPG
http://www.chrisandnat.com/projects/LexusBallJoint/f2.JPG
Unfortunately, you can't really buy any performance brake parts for a Lexus -- you buy Mercedes and BMWs for that. You can try the $90 Raybestos Advanced Technology rotor (fronts only) and Akebono ProAct brake pads from rockauto.com; rears I see only Beck Arnley rotors, don't know these. Have them installed at a reputable independent shop. Consider flushing the brake fluid (such as Castrol GT Low Moisture Activity fluid) and replace the rubbers on the calipers. Caliper rebuild kits would work, but shops tend to like to replace entire calipers to save time.

Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 6, 10:30 pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Check the Brembo brake kits available thru The Tire Rack. Expensive but available.
Add pictures here
✖
Yeah, looks like the TireRack premium Brembo kits are generic kits (380mm) good for a performance tuner's truck, car, whatever, etc.
At about $8000-9000 front/rear retrofits I think his Lexus LS 430 Ultra just isn't worth it, and might as well trade up to a true luxury car that actually comes with a Brembo brake system.
BTW, TireRack doesn't sell replacement brake pads. Buy another retrofit kit later I guess.

Add pictures here
✖
In article <78fdb6cb-7e4d-4e0e-8c9b-
says...

Might I suggest using http://www.olyparts.com/ if you plan to wrench the car yourself. I have even bought from them and had them shipped to the UK. We can't get Akebonos in the UK as the brand isn't 'E' marked for Europe so it is illegal to sell them, I imported them for my old Celica All- Trac and things were fabulous. I found along with Brembo discs the pad life, brake performance and brake dust situation was much improved.
The problem with brakes wearing out in such a short time is down to the removal of Asbestos from brake pads. Because the pads are now harder to avoid too quick wear and overheating, the discs have tended to be softer to help increase grip. So you find while pad life isn't much less than before, you are replacing disc with every second set of pads or so instead of maybe twice in the life of the vehicle.
Cast iron discs and ceramic pads can help, but they still wear faster than the old discs did with old Asbestos pads.
--
Carl Robson
Get cashback on your purchases
The dealer has repeatedly told me that

Add pictures here
✖
In article <30b11372-3eb3-4772-a1bd-67cfbf917241

I agree, take it to another Lexus and a Toyota dealership, get second and third opinions.
--
Carl Robson
Get cashback on your purchases
✖

the brakes on my '98 Toyota Sienna have been MUCH more durable than the brakes on my Honda cars. Hard to imagine why brakes on a LS would be worse.
they initialy would vibrate the car when

warped rotors.
they are very expensive, about double the cost

The Tire Rack has less expensive replacement parts.
The dealer has repeatedly told me that

BS
In view of these

Nope, find an independent mechanic. There's nothing about repairing your Lexus that can't be found via the ALLDATA system. Ask a shop whether or not they have ALLDATA access.
so I wonder what brands of brake parts are equal

for some reason or other you are hard on your brakes. you should have them serviced routinely. do not wait for noise or vibrations to develop. schedule maintenance every 6 months. adjust the schedule after consulting with your mechanic.
Add pictures here
✖
Yes.
Mine work fine. 2008 LS 600hL (no need to emphasize the "Ultra" part like you always do)
GIga

Add pictures here
✖
Now even if the brake pads (wear items) aren't covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty, one would think the rotors will be? No?
I know the alignment is covered only 12 months and 20K miles.

Add pictures here
✖