How to remove head restraint?

I have a new 2006 LS 430. The head rest hits my head in just the slightly wrong position so that it keeps it too far forward and I get a sore neck after a couple of days trip. The neck leads to headaches. The restraint can not be tipped back any farther. Is there any way that I can remove the head restraint on long trips? Dealer says it can not be removed, of course.

Thanks.

Reply to
mcbrue

AFAIK, the power head restraints are not easily removable and would require disassembly of the seat back, and I would not recommend removing them even if they were due to the protection they provide in rear end collisions.

I've found the same discomfort from the head restraints in our Sequoia. Perhaps you can find an auto upholstery shop that can remove some of the padding from the front of the head restraint so that your head can tilt back to a more comfortable position?

Reply to
Ray O

That is a usefull idea - think I will go down to bucket stitch and see what they have to say about it! Thanks.

Reply to
mcbrue

You're welcome! Let us know how you make out.

Reply to
Ray O