I Stupidly Broke the Power Lock Switch on my GS Whoops!

I feel like a complete moron. My friend told me to do it and I was curious to see what would happen. Now that I know, I won't do it again.

With the doors locked, I held the little knob which locks or unlocks the car while hitting the power unlock button. At that point the knob always remained in the lock position regardless of whether the door was really locked or not.

I tried to force it back, I heard a little pop, and now it doesn't even seem to have any affect at all on the door lock. It moves freely. I lock and unlock the car now via the key remote w/ no prob.

HOW DO I FIX THIS?? Many Many Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
handogg

Um, take it to your friendly Lexus dealer?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

That's the best we can do? I want to fix it myself. I did my own brakes. Would this be difficult to fix? How would I get started? Thanks.

Reply to
handogg

The best way to do this is with the right information. You can buy the car manual at the Lexus dealer. It might run you a couple of hundred bucks, but it has everything you need to sort out the problem. If you try w/o the info, then you might get lucky, maybe not.

Reply to
dulles

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. It is my knowledge that these repair manuals are not available to the public? Am I wrong? Does someone out there already have the book?? Would it be asking to much for a scan of the page I need? I have a 98 gs 300

Thanks@@

Reply to
handogg

***************** Thank You snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net

Jack Kevorkian for White House physician.

To reply to this email please remove the AT after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

Reply to
KG

***************** Thank You snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net

Jack Kevorkian for White House physician.

To reply to this email please remove the AT after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

Reply to
KG

I wouldn't think I would need a new part. My guess is the little button just got disconnected from the lock on the door. Can someone scan post email the pages I need. I would paypal 10 bux for the quick help. Thanks.

Reply to
handogg

Reply to
Jerohm

The levers and knobs in the door are connected to rods with plastic clips. I believe there are only 1 or 2 different types of clips in the door so you might want to visit your Lexus dealer and pick up a couple.

You will need a trim removal tool or a stiff putty knife, a Phillips screwdriver, and a small electronics screwdriver. Use the electronics screwdriver to pop off any trim plugs that hold the armrest on and remove the screws under the plugs. Use the putty knife/trim removal tool to carefully pop off the inside panel of the door at the edges, working around the perimeter. There may be a few screws holding the panel on so look carefully. Unplug the harness for the courtesy light and lock/window controls to remove the door panel. Carefully pull off the underlying plastic - if it rips, you can repair it with duct tape. Look at the rods to see how they are connected and look for any disconnected or broken clips.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O

You can access this site for $10.00 per day. It has all of the factory tech manuals in PDF format.

If you have the time and a good high speed connection, you can download the complete manual. Takes a while, but compared to shelling out $400.00, well worth it. Good Luck Bill

Reply to
Me