Is it true GS 300 has Toyota Supra engine?

Yeah, but it not the same engine as the Turbo Supra. My GS300 was a fat pig, not very nimle or quick.

Reply to
Roger

Is it true that the '94 Lexus GS 300 has the same engine as the Toyota Supra? A friend mentioned this to me and I've searched the Net for that info but haven't found anything.

Thanks.

Reply to
VM

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

You don't suppose the fact that the GS weighs nearly 2 tons had anything to do with that, now, do you?

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

Reply to
Roger

Yes, they share the 2JZ-GE Engine

Reply to
Iantos

I tested a 98 GS300, and found performance lack luster. Maybe the Supra engine is de-tunes for smoothness, but this one doesn't hit on much as far as accelleration.

Same story for this engine in the IS300 when compared with a BMW 330... not even close! Too bad.... some of the Supra motors really stomped, and they can make tons more power with mods, but the Lex version is quiet.

Reply to
TANKIE

The only version of the 3 liter Toyota in-line six that made real power was the twin turbo flavor found in the (sainted) Supra TT. That thing was (under)-rated at 320 hp and could be easilly tweaked to make a LOT more. I mean a LOT more. The thing was/is the scourge of virtually anything else on California roads. Supra TT's cost damn near as much now as they did a decade ago when new for that reason.

Alas, the GS and IS never got that flavor. Without the TT treatment, the Totota in-line six is a weak sister to virtually anything and a gas guzzler to boot. It goes away real soon. Not soon enough.

George Litwinski

Reply to
GRL

Just test drove an auto 2004 IS300. I was most displeased to learn that it has a bad case of hesitation at start-up or, as I term it, "hole at the bottom". The 330i I tested the same day had no sign of this.

The in-line six goes away with the 2006 redesign of the IS300 to be replaced with the V6 that goes in the GS this coming year. Hopefully, Toyota took a good look at Nissan's sweet 3.5 L V6 when designing their own.

Reply to
GRL

Reply to
Timmy