I have a 95 gs 300 and ive had enough of the headlight yellowing and want to get new lenses. I called my dealer and she said you had to buy the lenses and assemblies together. Is this true and if it is what would be a cheap place to order them online because i dont want to pay

816 dollars for clear lenses on an 11 year old car. I love the car but the screwed up with those headlights.

does any one know anything about this and can help me?

Thanks in advance

Clark

Reply to
clarke187

The factory headlight lenses are part of the headlight assembly and are not available separately.

As far as a cheap place to order them online, I recommend that you try a google search for either OEM or aftermarket replacements, or restorative treatments like the one pictured here:

I have no experience with those treatments and have no idea whether they work or not, but if you are willing to replace the headlight assemblies, then it is worth a try before replacement.

Reply to
Ray O

I've heard that using "plastic polish" makes them like new. Tried looking for it at Canadian Tire but couldn't find any.

Reply to
AHJ

Restorative treatments for headlight covers are basically plastic polish. I would worry that polishing the covers might make them thin and more susceptible to damage, but there is nothing to lose by trying them other than the cost of the treatment and an investment in time.

Reply to
Ray O

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 23:21:55 -0600, "Ray O" graced this newsgroup with:

I use Flitz polish. A few quick swipes and the lenses look almost new.

Reply to
amstaffs

Try another auto parts store or search online for "headlight cleaner."

Reply to
Ray O