Looking at a '97 LS 400

Considering a low mile (35K) 1997 LS 400, Coach Edition.

Has full service history, clean and damage free.

Anything that warrants particular scrutiny with regard to this year/model, or things we should check for in the service records?

KBB.com lists a "private party" retail of about $21K. Asking price is only a bit higher, but that's prior to negotiation. In the ballpark for the NW, or west coast in general?

Thanks!

DS

Reply to
DS

Who owned it? An elderly person who drove occasionally, or a younger guy? If it's a 97, that means that the driver logged about 6000 miles per year. A senior who drove occasionally matches that kind of mileage. If the car belongs to a younger guy, then I'm suspicious.

Low mileage in an old car can be as bad as too much mileage.

Reply to
bchargnon

I'd rather have a '98. Many improvements over a '97.

Reply to
MCAS NV