Slow LS 400!

I test drove a 93 LS 400 hoping to enjoy the V8s power. Like the rest of the car, the motor was buttery smooth, and had a bit of the old 4 bbl sound at mild throttle. But when it came time to stomp on it, this thing could not get out of its own way. It made considerable noise but no push in the back, not like a Northstar and not as strong as my ES300.

The 400 is very "Buick-ish" in its soft quietness and substantial feel. I think it would be great for longer trips. Even with more power, I think this car would be boring. I got the feeling I was sitting behind a movie screen while driving. It is SO well insulated there isn't much left from the outside. With enough power and decent handling I could very easily love this car now that I think about it. This one had smoked out rear view mirror. The big car did go where I pointed it with no problems that new tires wouldn't fix.

Reply to
TANKIE

I don't think that's typical. The LS is very well powered, perhaps that example was ill - especially if it was smoking.

-- Pete

Reply to
Pete

I'd have to agree w/Pete. The one you drove was sick. My '96 LS hauls ass when you stomp on it.

Reply to
New Owner

Time for an engine/cylinder compression test on that 93 LS 400? Who knows what the previous owner(s) did to it.

Reply to
Iona Camry