LS Trunk Opener

I have a minor pet peeve with my '03 LS430 that is the same for my former '02 ES300. There is no way to open the trunk without the key or without opening the driver's door to reach the dash switch. Seems to me that my 1990 LS400 you could push the keyhole button (which does not exist on the '03) and open the trunk.

I leave my car in the garage with the key in the ignition. Yeah, I know safety bugs will say this is looking for someone to steal my car. It's a risk I've lived with for 18 years for convenience. My garage is bulletproof so I'll live with that risk. That being said, sometimes I want to throw this or that into the trunk and it's always a pain in the...trunk.

I am curious...what year did Lexus do away with the trunk button on the outside of the trunk? And, maybe I am wrong...maybe there IS some sort of latch that I missed??

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

The only vehicle that you can open the "trunk" on without a key in the Lexus' are the LX470, GX470 & RX300-330 and that's only if the car is already fully unlocked. The older LS's did not have a push button to open the trunk. Maybe you had an older Mercedes or BMW that would do that. (just a thought)

Myles

bulletproof

Reply to
msb