My first Lexus

I am planning on buying either an IS350 or a GS300. Can 2 golf bags fit easily into the trunk of either car?

I am currently driving an Avalon and routine maintenance costs are usually under $100. Will the same hold true for the Lexus?

I also hear they put cheap 15,000 mile tires on these cars. Is this a fact? The original tires on my Toyota have 25,000 miles and are still going strong.

Reply to
Bob Smith

The IS trunk might be too small for 2 bags, not sure about the GS but at first glance I'd say yes, 2 bags will fit.

Reply to
Road Rage

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:45:10 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bob Smith) graced this newsgroup with:

IS no, GS maybe - depending on the size of your golf bags.

..you're kidding right? It's a *Lexus*. Even the radiator fluid is more expensive.

..you hear wrong. They're not "cheap", they're high performance. You'll find out just how "cheap" they are when you go to buy OEM replacements.

The reason your Avalon lasted longer is because they're not high performance tires, they're passenger tires. Nothing wrong with that, but you're comparing apples to oranges.

Reply to
kegler

Kegler wrote "Is no, GS maybe"

I just received promotional materials from Lexus for both cars. Actually according to the specs the IS has 13 square feet of trunk space whereas the GS has 2 inches less.

Reply to
Bob Smith

Two gulf bags in a GS300, no problem, I took a 12' Avon inflatable boat an outboard engine to Florida in one.

Maintenance cost would be well above $100 if you have Lexus do it. A good independent or DIY is much cheaper.

I changed to original equipment tires on our GS 300 at 65k miles and they still had usable tread. The car was used mainly for long distance travel, Texas & Florida.

***************** Thank You snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net

To reply to this email please remove the AT after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

Reply to
KG

I have a 2002 GS300. I always have my golf bag and my softball equipment bag in the trunk. Still have plenty of room for cargo net and a full load of groceries.

Reply to
billyzoom

It would seem that you're better off staying with the Avalon if price is a concern. Count on everything to be more expensive: parts, service, tires, fuel, and all other ownership expenses.

Reply to
Viperkiller

High performance tires? Baloney. Lexus values ride over performance any day. They put on good quality all-season tires with a smooth ride as standard fit in most if not all models. The IS350 MAY be an exception, but I doubt it.

High performance tires would be the summer-only hard-riding ultra-grip stuff that comes on a 350z or M3 or some such and wears poorly because of the grippy compound. We are not talking Lexus rubber here.

Reply to
Charles U' Farley

On Mon, 8 May 2006 21:48:54 -0400, "Charles U' Farley" graced this newsgroup with:

hmm..let's see..going to the Lexus web site I see standard tires for the Lexus GS430 are 18-in alloy wheels with 245/40ZR18 tires.

Oh wait..Z rated tires aren't high performance.

Hey Charlie boy, at least bother to do even the most minimum of research before posting.

Reply to
kegler

My 2002 Lexus IS300 came with 215/45ZR17 Bridgestone Potenza RE040 Ultra High Performance Summer tires on it when I purchased it new in Sept. '02.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

On Tue, 09 May 2006 03:20:19 GMT, "Ron M." graced this newsgroup with:

well, according to Charlie, those aren't high performance tires.

*snort*
Reply to
kegler