Re: Lexus listens

This may all be true but how much do you pay for the service at the dealer.????? How much would you pay to have an independent shop do the routine work ???

I drive a ACURA so I don't know the service costs of a Lexus. I learned many years ago to never go to a dealer....

neal

I believe that the loaner car policy of Lexus Corp. often differs from that > of the dealer. Many dealers want your business and will go the extra mile > to get it. After my VW Touareg debacle (vehicle filled with bugs, mediocre > dealer support [Auburn, WA], non-existent support from VW of America), the > service policy was a major factor in my decision to move to Lexus. During > negotiations on my 2006 GX, the sales staff informed me of the policy that > Lexus of Tacoma has. You do not have to call for an appointment - ever! > Just drop by, explain what you want and, if they can't get the vehicle back > to you within an hour then they give you a loaner. What? No appointment > that's two-week in the future - not for anything? That sealed the deal for > me. > > Also, the salesman who sold me the vehicle said that I should expect to hear > from him once a month. If I have no issues, then it will be a quick "how do > you do" and that's that. If I have issues of any kind, then he wants to > know about it so that he can pursue a solution. So far, this has held true. > Then again, I've had no issues except a speaker rattle that was propmtly > fixed. I also had a little spot on the passenger seat back that was > identified by the salesman during the delivery walk-thru. He said that they > would make it right - if they couldn't clean it so it looked new, they would > replace the leather. They made it right. Also, Lexus of Tacoma will wash > your car any time you wish during regular shop hours - just stop by the > dealership, have some coffee and cookies, and they'll wash and vacuum your > car for free. What great service! > > So, I am not surprised by the experience you received from Lexus. I believe > the company is committed to their customers satisfaction from throughout the > entire hierarchy - from sales to service to corporate. I hope that you all > (and I) continue to have a good experience! > > >
Reply to
Neal Hudson

On Wed, 03 May 2006 05:36:15 GMT, "Neal Hudson" graced this newsgroup with:

..most "routine" work I'll have done at an independent or I'll do it myself. Brake jobs, tire rotations, oil changes...all that is well within my realm to do myself. I just don't because..well, I honestly have more money than time.

Having said that, most of the work I get done at a dealer is either warranty related or scheduled maintenance related. And since I don't have to make an appointment, always get a loaner and the cost is within 10% of what an independent will charge me, it's worth it to me.

..if your information is many years old, it might be a good idea to go back and compare prices. The independents around here (metro DC area), routinely charge $50-$60 per hour. Dealerships charge $55 per hour..and I *know* they'll have the parts I need.

Reply to
kegler