Re: Sign of Fraud on LS400

I don't understand what you are bortchin' about. So the car got a lot of miles in the past year. Is that fraud?

The following is the text of a fax that I just sent to a local dealer. > The salesman assured me that the discrepancy between the listed mileage > and that on the Odometer was the result of an error, which was made by > the mechanic at the time of the last inspection, but with such figures, > I am concerned that the car might have been sitting idle, due to to an > accident or some other untoward incident. > ===========> Dear Mr. xxx: > After having reviewed the Carfax report and consulted various online > resources, I am concerned that the vehicle's odometer has been tampered. > See the following information from the most recent CarFax report, which > shows a very significant increase in mileage from July 2001 to July > 2002. Although the current sticker shows a mileage of 64,000, I am > curious to learn what happened during the past year from July 22, 2002 > to July 13, 2003. I am afraid that there is something amiss with these > figure, therefore I am canceling the transaction. Please provide me with > a refund of the deposit of $500.00. > > Date Mileage Difference > 6/25/1997 40.00 > 8/9/1999 29,109.00 29,069.00 > 7/5/2000 38,940.00 9,831.00 > 7/13/2001 46,229.00 7,289.00 > 7/22/2002 74,045.00 27,816.00 > > > > > >
Reply to
B.D. Newman

I don't think Carfax is any more reliable than the people entering the information Carfax relies on. Seems like buyer's remorse.

Reply to
mike

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

Most people who read that message the first time understand what the issue is.

It may have been an honest data-entry error, but if one bought such a vehicle before getting carfax (or someone) to fix the error, one basically inherited the problem which one will have to justify to the next buyer.

"B.D. Newman" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
Iona Camry