"RX 300 Screeching Steering Wheel"

Several months ago, my RX 300 started making an annoying screeching noise whenever I turned the steering wheel. My Lexus dealer replaced something in the steering column, which solved the problem for a few months but then it returned. Another Lexus dealer lubricated the column and the problem went away for a few weeks, but now it has returned. My RX is a 2003 and I know of an owner of a 2002 who has the same problem. Is this a know problem with the RX and is there a permanent solution?

Reply to
J Golden

I have an '01 RX and it has the same screetchy steering wheel problem. I have read about this problem in the past on other auto forums, so I think it is quite common. I haven't bothered getting it fixed, since it is only noticeable when the car is cold and when I am making sharp turns.

Reply to
canadalexus