Stereo shakes RX300

I have a 2001 RX300 with a stock stereo, and ever since I've had the vehicle, I've had a problem with excessive vibration in the doors when the stereo is loud. I've taken it in a few times, and they've put extra padding into the doors to minimize the vibration. That works for awhile, but eventually the vibration returns.

Is it worth it to take to a stereo shop to have this looked at? Could it be that I need better speakers, a better sound system, etc? I like to play the stereo loud, but I don't like the vibration, and sometimes it's so irritating I have to turn the volume WAY down.

Any opinions? I don't know much about aftermarket stereos and set ups, thought I know they can get really complex (and expensive)

Thanks much,

Susan

Reply to
Earthgrrl