Water leaking into the trunk of my '98 ES300!!!

It's been raining here for several days now, so my car started smelling a little odd on the inside. When I check the trunk, I noticed that there's a puddle of water on the left and right sides of the trunk, under the trunk "rug" next to the spare tire. The puddle of water was on the empty space where the car bumper is. I'm pretty sure that's where the humidity stench comes from, but I'm not sure where the leaking is. Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks.

Reply to
<JIMMY>

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:33:46 -0500, graced this newsgroup with:

check your weather stripping around the trunk lid. That's where water usually seeps in if the seal is old and brittle, has a poor seal or has some of the seal pinched.

Reply to
nospam

Do you have a spoiler on it? If so, you may have to reseal it.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Check to make sure the trunk gasket is sealing properly and that the deck lid closes properly, with no large gaps.

Make sure that the drain hoses for the sunroof are positioned so that they pass through the grommets and make sure that any rubber plugs at the bottom of those wells are in place.

Reply to
Ray O