Latest threads in Lexus Automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Why aren't gas prices dropping?
Paid 138.9 yesterday to fill up the RX.
2
2

What price Alternator??
Anyone know what the going price is these days to have the dealer replace the alternator on a '96 LS400? Looking at it, doesn't look like it could take any more than 1 hour shop labor plus whatever...
5
5

repair costs on lexus vs. mercedes
First, my apologies for the cross post. I currently drive an '87 300E and am thinking about making the jump to a lexus. My question is how do maintenance costs compare between mercedes and lexus. the...
47
47

Re: Why I spurn American Cars
I own a Lexus LS400 and a GMC Yukon XL. The V8 in the GMC is every bit as good as that in the Lexus in terms of power and smoothness. The transmissions are also equally good. I've had the XL just over...
1
1

18" wheels lx470
looking to buy a set of 18" wheels from a 2003 lx470. anyone what to sell me theirs. i am in the san francisco bay area

RX-330 and Goodyear Eagle RS-A Tires
I just completed a 3000 mile trip with my RX-330. It seems as though the Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires are really sensitive to pavement conditions. When the road was not very smooth I could every bump and...
1
1

rear brake light bulb
Anyone know how many plastic clips in the trunk ('98 GS300) must be released to free up the felt cover and gain access to the bulb? Anywhere I can find this answer online? Thanks

Model change on GS300
Does anyone know when there will be a model change on the GS300? The last change was 1998.
1
1

Where to put the floor jack for LS400.
Hi, I was about to jack my LS to perform an under-the-car checks. I got a floor jack, but did not know where would be the appropriate place to jack. I realized tire replacement jack and floor jack...
1
1

2000 RX-300 Hitch Wiring
It does not look like my RX-300 does not have a wiring connection in the inside area of the bumper. I've got a Drawtite hitch installed. Any idea how to do the wiring?

Re: Your suggestoin for a SUV
Sounds like you need a new wife, not an SUV....

Timing belt life?
I have '91 LS400 w/70k miles. I cannot find much in the owner's manual regarding timing belt life. At what mileage does Lexus recommend changing the belt? And how much does Lexus or Toyota charge for...
1
1

How long do CV joints last in Camrys?
Hi all, My Camry is a 97 XLE, with a v6. Almost 100K miles now. You might have read my thread from before: Strange, faint noise in Camry I had the car checked out. One garage and the dealer said it...
7
7

Re: GS 300 (UK)
Sure thats not your aching bones from doing all them miles? Have you tried lexus owners club (UK) - lots of well informed guys, and you save money on your service Mark

Re: RX300 power steering question.
Thanks, It happened again today and while not dangerous, it is REALLY annoying.
1
1