Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Buzzer on flasher relay 3 pin type
I've got an electronic flasher unit replacement but this doesn't make any sound so not very safe to use.... Anyone advise if it's possible to wire a buzzer directly to the pins on the relay - it's an...

2003 Mini R50 airbag reset
Mini Cooper, R50, 2003 Changed driver's seat with failed height adjuster for a used one off ebay. Transferred seatbelt pretensioner over to replacement seat but seat warning/airbag light now stuck on....
3
3

Focus alternator to battery output
Just curious seeing as there's no ammeter on my Focus what's the maximum charge rate the alternator will chuck at a flattish battery so I can calculate the likely recharge time/distance. Normally it's...
3
3

Audi A6 automatic handbrake issues
Has anyone come across problems with the automatic handbrake on the new manual gearbox A6? My friend is most unhappy with the way that his is not working as described (or indeed like the one on his...
11
11

Fuse box jumper cable
My car has 3 12V power outlet sockets but somewhat annoyingly from my POV, the only one which is permanently live is the one in the boot which is no use to me. All the sockets are individually fused...
7
7

Is number plate lens missing an MOT fail?
If the number plate lens is missing is that an MOT fail? The light works fine but the actual plastic lens cover is missing? It's an old car and a trip to the scrapyard to try and find one.
11
11

2012 focus tyre choice
Just picked up a used Focus which will need front tyres soon... Any thoughts about which tyres to put on a modestly-driven Mk3 focus (petrol 125) most important feature would be safety (wet grip etc)...
2
2

Non-permanent change of car colour
Although it appears not to be necessary, I would be inclined to advise them anyway. There's no charge, just a small part of the registration document to fill in. Googling seems to suggest that it *is*...
2
2

Fit 2003 1.4 Fiesta stretch belt without special tool?
Before I even try, I thought I'd ask here. Is there something that can be removed, or swung out of the way (e.g. alternator), to fit this thing? Or something that can be made easily? Does it stretch...
3
3

Fuse 14 keeps blowing
Hey up all :) mk4 golf 1.6 8v 99 A week ago fuse 14 just blew which I found out when I had no electric windows or interior lights, also the puddle light on the door was off and the boot light was out....
18
18

Toyota Yaris wheel bearing cost
My wife's Yaris is in early stage of wheel bearing failure. Its only a slight drone at the moment but jacking it up and spinning the wheels confirm that its the OSR bearing that's noisy. Its only done...
6
6

Indestructible car battery
I've posted in the past about when the battery in my Focus is going to die, if ever, but several years later it still hasn't. It's a June 2001 car with the OE silver chloride Motorcraft battery in it...
14
14

Honda Jazz Rear Whir.
Hi (again) The girlfirends Honda Jazz is giving off a whirr from the rear axle, i think its the OSR. I first noticed it at the end of June on holiday when we had the car heavily loaded for camping but...
2
2

Focus Shoe dropped off the edge of the cylinder piston...
Hi I was taking advantage of the good weather earlier and giving my 2008 focus a pre-MOT once over. When I removed the off side rear drum i noticed that the knuckle of the shoe on the forward side had...
4
4

Re-use Ford laminated driveshaft nutes?
I want to have a look at my Fiesta brake linings and fluid seals. Is it 100% necessary to replace those nuts every time you take them off? I did re-use one once on someone's Ka, and the wheel hasn't...
5
5