Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

reversing sensor kits
I've bought and fitted a few of these over the years and been mostly satisfied with them. All from eBay but I've got no records of any specific models. The thing is, some of them have produced a...

BMW 328CI E46....Boot Lock problems
Hi all, Does anyone have any bright ideas about my boot lock. It will not open from the remote control only by the key manually. The doors are working perfectly with the central locking. I have...
1
1

Ford Focus Service Scope
Hi all Where can I find a list of Ford recommended items to be covered in the three year service for a Ford Focus 1.8 tdci please? I am suspicious of garages and want to know that they are all quoting...
3
3

How long should Fiesta oil filter be?
I know. Silly question of the day. Fiesta 2003 1.4 Zetec. I got a replacement oil filter in the post the other day. When I come to fit it, the old one is longer (at about 5") than the new one (about...
11
11

MOT Issue
This is quite a long story but here goes; I took my 12 year old car to a Garage A to get it MOT'd and it failed on around 7 things, I fixed them all except for 1 brake pipe and some welding which...
7
7

Cutting tyres
What's the best method for cutting tyres off a wheel? Angle grinder with a metal blade or something else? Thanks,
9
9

City Sprint are criminals
City Sprint are criminals They pay lowest rates and still take tons of money out of your wages. That is why they can afford to buy-out Lewis Day. You carryout a job from London to Burmham you would...

Focus 1.8 pollen filter fiasco
This is the first year I have had the focus 1.8 2004 petrol. I though I wou= ld service it. First issue is the pollen filter cover. After I removed it I changed the fi= lter bought 2 new clips and the...
3
3

a long shot. old VW passat problem
A young friend of mine has an old 1.8L petrol Passat (about 8-10years old maybe), that intermittently flattens it's battery. Sometimes when he locks the car, instead of a single flash from the...
6
6

oil bargain at Asda
4 ltrs of Castrol GTX in 10W-40 or 15W-40 for £12, normally £20. Fill yer boots (or shopping trolley). Ejoy.
10
10

Smart Car Problems
[...] Just in case you go for it, this guy: worth bookmarking. Clicking the 'Why rebuild' link will give you info on why they fail. Chris
34
34

Just had
A car outside my house suddenly revving to the limiter, white smoke billowing from thev exhaust and the occupants scrambling out , any ideas what likely to have caused it
3
3

Appealing at a late date ?
The link provided is just one local authority?s guideline; it would have no meaning in any other part of the country. Chris
25
25

Mini PAS problem
2003 MINI Cooper 1.6 manual, 51k miles. On a motorway run a couple weeks ago I lost PAS - the wheel became very heavy but the car was still steerable. Pulled off at the next exit and checked under the...
5
5

VW Goilf estate 19.l TDI with ATD engine
Hi all, The miles per gallon figure has dropped by 20%. Ive checked for fuel leaks (none) and replaced the air, fuel and oil filters and changed the oil. The Car passed its emissions test at its MoT...
9
9