214 rear window electrics

P reg. The rear wiper hasn't worked since I bought the car. And the window heater works intermittently...most of the time it gives up after it forms 'lines' it very rarely clears the window... and often it doesn't work at all.

Any connection between the heater and wiper? or totally separate problems?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Quite possibly the wires are damaged within the rubber "sleeve" (can't think of a better word - sorry) near the hinge and need mending. Is this a bubble shape? If so, there are two sets of wires from the hatch into the main body - one near each hinge. I think that you want to remove the offside rubber and take a look in there.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1

Golden rule of car electrics - more than one fault = check earthing!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Quite possibly the wires are damaged within the rubber "sleeve" (can't think of a better word - sorry) near the hinge and need mending. Is this a bubble shape? If so, there are two sets of wires from the hatch into the main body - one near each hinge. I think that you want to remove the offside rubber and take a look in there.

Cheers, Mark

Thanks. When this virus clears up I'll take a look at them.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2