Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re-Paint.....where has it gone to??
Anyone remember Parsons Re-Paint? A brushable paint for cars which gave a very high gloss finish and if done right, was almost indistinguishable from a spray job. I used it a lot during the 80's and...
4
4

Cats
The cat on my Nissan QX is on its way out (had to have a new exhaust and what looked like a couple of ceramic beads fell out of the cat end) so, my question is - are there different qualities of cat,...
27
27

Mondeo heater blower
MK2 Mondeo, heater fan only working on 4. I believe it's the resistor pack that's gone. Where is it in the car, how much is a new one, and is it an easy fix? cheers Mike P
21
21

Power steering ram overhall
I'm looking for somewhere that can replace the seals (which I have) in a power steering ram from a 1963 Austin. I'm in Lincolnshire, but can travel. I've tried the VDP club and local hydraulic firms,...
2
2

Low Mileage C3 service
My mother in law has a March 2004 Citroen C3 1.4 automatic with 2 year service intervals. She has driven only 4,400 miles in this car since new and it's coming up for it's second service and second...
12
12

Renault Clio brake disc screws
Hi guys, is it possible to re-tap and replace screws that hold the brake disc on to wheel hub? My wife's car has started to shudder when braking and I took the front wheels off to look. Both discs...
5
5

Fiat Punto 55 Starting problems
Hi all, My father-in-law has an intermittent problem with his Punto (1996 N reg). It all seems to be tied in with the immobiliser and key fobs. When initially starting, the fob is recognised and the...
2
2

Pug 307 issues after crashing anyone help?
Had a bit of a bump in the car (someone went into the back of me forcing me into the car in front) in the main fixed except for a few minor issues (its been in 3 times to get fixed and still not done)...
4
4

OT: Wheelchair batteries
Been asked to look at a friend's wheelchair because they're finding that a full charge only lasts to the shops (a lot less than half a mile) and he has to be manually pushed back. They only recently...
10
10

OT: Advertising genius
Andy
3
3

Make-a-gasket
I need to make a gasket to seal between two pieces of exhaust which have flanges that bolt together. The factory gasket is four sheets of thin metal stuck together. I'd thought of using beer cans or...
4
4

W-reg Corsa 1.2 16v ecotec stall when hot
This started happening a week ago: driving down the motorway the engine will work perfectly when cold, but once it reaches its normal temperature (about 91 degrees according to the gauge), it will...
4
4

Toyota Avensis. Differences between Generations?
Hi, I have an 05 reg T2 Avensis, 1.8 petrol, 5 dr hatch, which was probably made in 2004. I understand that there were some changes introduced in 2003. I'm not sure whether this was just a facelift,...
4
4

Can a screwed alternator burn a battery?
I described in an earlier post how my battery caught fire - I had been charging it in the car and assumed a spark ignited the gas given off whilst charging. However I just fitted a new battery, and...
20
20

Mondeo electric window weirdness!
Hi There, I have a 1997 Mondeo, in which the front passenger electric window does not work. There is power running to the multi plug connecter when the switch is pushed 12.5V with the engine off, 15...
3
3