97 fiesta blower motor

Hi Guys. One for those of you with Ford experience again. My sister's 97 Fiesta has a blower that only works on speed 4 (i.e: max). My guess is the resistor pack. Where is it?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

probably above the passenger footwell, that is where most fords keep them

Reply to
MrCheerful

And usually in the fresh air duct. What happens is the pollen filter blocks so the resistor pack is no longer cooled and the thermal fuse blows.

Reply to
Conor

That might well make sense. This car doesn't really get regular servicing- more fix it when it breaks, so I'll bet the filter hasn't been changed.

Reply to
Chris Bartram