Reply to
Art Deco

They're made bigger. LOL

Reply to
Art Deco

Probably because they eat too much.

Reply to
Art Deco

I'll rephrase that, then. Don't believe everything you see on television. Do you think Dr Who is a documentary? LOL

Reply to
Art Deco

Borrowing creates interest charges. These have to be paid. Your taxes do it.

Not in the least.

You can't live on "services" for ever. Especially when it becomes cheaper to outsource them.

I guarantee you that it won't.

Reply to
Art Deco

Texas isn't typical. It should have been given back to the Mexes ages ago.

Reply to
Art Deco

Why would you spend time in a shitty country? I'd not - I'd leave pronto. Perhaps you were in jail?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bring back slavery. You know it makes sense.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well it was only 6 weeks ago...these things take time you know.

Reply to
Conor

Hint: They make most of their money from loans to companies and third world countries.

Read paragraph 4. Barclays gave a loan of £28 million to Tanzania to buy a Air Traffic Control system.

Conor

Well if you examine the current statistics using the crime reporting criteria from 1992, crime has actually fallen. Fear of crime though, thanks solely to the media, has risen even though there is nothing to substantiate it.

Reply to
Conor

Because those employees now have more money to spend buying goods. They buy more goods, the companies now sell more goods meaning they make more profits.

And cheap Eastern European labour makes no difference because the least they can earn is the national minimum wage which increases thus increasing their spending power.

ROFLMAO. Priceless.

Reply to
Conor

Really? So why do we now have a vast range of ZERO PERCENT lending which was unheard of a decade ago even though we're at the highest rate of bankruptcie for 15 years?

Reply to
Conor

Man walks into FRee Hospital. Gets told he won't be seen today as there's no places left. Walks out. What is there that's been constructed about that?

Reply to
Conor

And? The level of borrowing in this conutry is minimal. It could be paid off with a windfall tax on petroleum companies.

You can only outsource some. How do you outsource transport, shops etc?

Seems to be working so far.

Reply to
Conor

No problem, would you like me to bring up the map of the USA showing the levels of obesity in each State?

Reply to
Conor

Please back this up with facts, especially given the amount of consumer debt in the UK and the interest rates charged on that one compared to the interest rate charged on the above.

And that proves exactly what? Do you have any idea what the interest rate on a loan to a government (even a poor one like Tanzania) is compared to what the mug punter on the street is paying?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

You mean the debt where they make a profit on every financial transaction done paid with a credit card from any company at a shop using Barclays Business Services for CC support as well as the interest on the Barclays CCs used to make those purchases?

From Barclays Website:

"International Retail and Commercial Banking -

Provides a range of banking services, including current accounts, savings, investments, mortgages and loans, as well as services to corporate customers across Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Africa and the Middle East. Barclays operates over 800 international branches. It is also responsible for Barclays stake in FirstCaribbean International Bank and Barclays majority stake in Absa, South Africa?s largest retail bank, with over seven million customers. Also see the Absa website

Other businesses are Barclays Capital, Barclaycard and Barclays Global Investors which have their own sections below. The Woolwich, part of UK banking is also profiled. "

The bank in SA that they have a majority share in has 50% of the amount of customers as their UK Retail Bank so it is conceivable that they make a significant amount from that compared to the UK Retail Bank operation.

Reply to
Conor

I only wish it were true. There are still 'cash only' employers who have nothing to do with PAYE or NI. And pay their illegal immigrants only what they have to.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Should then all the states be given back to those who originally 'owned' them?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)