Are tachometers unneccessary in automatics?

Stu ( snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"Basic spec", my arse... Two of my fleet don't even have a speedo...

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian explained :

I think we were discussing cars, not push-bikes :-0

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Oldschool presumably? Every car I've ever driven apart from my old base model '89 peugeot 205 has had one!

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Adrian wrote in news:Xns98EDD265143A8adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.245.131:

I smell a troll.

Even many, many years ago, the most outrageous pedant could never make the implication that a motor car must be bereft of a speedometer to be considered basic, and hope to be taken seriously!

Stu

Reply to
Stu

Stu ( snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not me.

Are you suggesting that I do not own two motor vehicles which do not now have (nor ever have, and certainly did not leave the factory with) speedometers fitted?

In short, are you calling me a liar...?

(I didn't say they were cars, btw)

Reply to
Adrian

What are they Adrian? Just curious.

Coyoteboy

Coyoteboy ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

A brace of VeloSolexes... One 2200 and one 3800.

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian wrote in news:Xns98EDF155175E9adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.245.131:

Remember, we're discussing *cars* here, and in that context, it does sound rather like trolling. A normal reaction to the implication that

90% of cars aren't basic because they have speedos. I've seen the misunderstanding now and I know you're not trolling.

Doesn't look like it to me. I merely questioned your implication that a car cannot be described as basic unless it lacks a speedometer (as quoted in the first line of this post).

But you didn't say they weren't ;-). This is UKRCM.

Stu

Reply to
Stu

have a what? an automatic or a deaf driver? i'd go for the second reaons myself :)

Reply to
dojj

Adrian proclaimed to uk.rec.cars.maintenance ...

:D now i see :)

Reply to
Coyoteboy