Brakes!

Just got my car back from it's service. The notes attached say that 3 of my wheels have 50% discs left and 5mm pad but the rear off side has

5% disc and 0mm pad. They haven't flagged this as a major problem and didn't offer to change anything just ticked the amber box (along with just about everything else). My car passed it's MOT 3 months ago and I have done about 3000 miles since then but nothing was mentioned then.

My questions are (bear in mind I know nothing mechanically about cars):

Is it OK to run uneven discs (ie 50% on side and 100% off side)?

What could cause 1 rear disc and pad to wear so much quicker than the others?

Reply to
Mario Lanza

stuck caliper , badly adjusted handbrake cable faulty handbrake cable

Reply to
steve robinson

Just called the garage and asked why they gave the car back with a pad on 0mm and they sad "Sorry that is a typo it was actually 50% and 5mm same as all the others!

Reply to
Mario Lanza