Avensis thermostat

Can anyone enlighten me as to the location of the thermostat in a 1.8 Avensis (99 model)? Both radiator hoses seem to connect to the block but without the usual thermostat housing. Am I missing something? (apart from a thermostat)!!

Cheers

Reply to
tzd3sw

Cannot find any reference to one in Autodata 2004. Sorry.

Reply to
Peat

there is, they say it takes an 1 hour and a bit to change !!!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

So where is it?

Reply to
Peat

Follow the bottom hose up to the engine, undo the two bolts that hold the hose connection onto the large block of aluminium with pipes coming off it. The thermostat lives in there. Autodata gives repair times for most things, but not the details of how to do the job!!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Many thanks.