Aweful noise from my 2006 Hyundai Amica CDX, HELP PLEASE!!!

The last 3 times after every 50 mile+ trip, my Amica 2006 (130,000 mileage) made a horrible metal scratching noise when driving at slow speed below 25
mph-ish.
The car drives ok, and after checking the brakes & wheel linkages at my loc al garage could not find anything obvious. The front near side wheel arch m ud guard was damaged and could have been scratching the tyre surface at the top. This was cut away but the noise is still there. :(
Having had funny looks from nearby road users is embarrassing to say the le ast. So any help on advice or similar experience would be gratefully receiv ed.
Regards to all.
On 23/06/2018 20:48, Konga wrote:

You say the brakes have been checked etc but...
Some year back I had a similar dreadful noise from the front wheel area. Fearing the worst, I jacked up the car (as I recall it was our Espace) and at first could see nothing amiss. Then I noticed a small stone wedged between the brake disk and and the guard plate. I used a metal ruler to remove it. Job done. It was tiny, smaller that a split pea.
On 23-Jun-18 8:48 PM, Konga wrote:

Do not return to these idiots, find somewhere else.
If the arch liner is lose or detached, it needs re-securing not cutting off.

Measure the wheel to wheel arch clearance both sides. If they aren't the same you have a broken spring.
A wheel rubbing on the arch liner would usually indicate that the rubber bump stop is missing, permitting excessive suspension travel.
Thanks for the tips/info Brian & Peter, shall investigate further and report back.