banging noise, accelerator pedal

i've got an 03 plate scenic, 44K recently the accelerator pedal has made a clunking sound when pressed, but only when driving (ie in gear). only clunks when initially pushed down, and has now started to clunk more often, and it's getting worse. Any help, i'm a novice and fearing the worse.

-- Message posted using

information at

parramaniac

More information at

Ah yes guv, you got a blown valve on yer auto xyz control unit. Well known problem with these it is. I can do yer a favour. £300 notes cash in hand.

Reply to
Maybe One Day

you sure its the throttle pedal clonking ? it could be the engine banging backwards & forwards, the lower stabilser mounting bar have a habit of snapping the securing bolt.

Reply to
reg

As i said, complete novice, i notice the clonking through the pedal, but apart from that i haven't a clue. Where abouts is the bolt, and would i be able to see it easily myself to check. I'm determined to try and work it out without my garage charging me a fortune.

-- Message posted using

information at

parramaniac