Best brand oil filter drive belt etc

Anyone tell me whether there's any real difference between Halfords oil filter and a know brand like FRAM? I've bought drive belts in the past and Bosch always look better (& they have the reputation) than the Halfords equivalent

Reply to
The Blue Frog

There was a thread recently on the subject of oil filters which included a link to

which you mayfind interesting.

It concludes that the genuine OEM filters are likely better made in terms of quality and design.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

there is another web page some where that compares bike oil filters.. it says the OEM ones are worth the extra. FRAM was the cheapest and nastiest (bits made or cardboard )

-- Simon

Reply to
mr p

my oem oil filter was cheaper from the main stealers than a halfrauds one.

Reply to
The Fisherman

all I know is that VAG filters have something which means that Oil pressure take s w awhile to build up and its the first few seconds that most wear happens

Reply to
Tom

It's just plain not worth buying anything but OE filters (or ones made by the OE manufacturer). Is your engine worth more than the 2-3 quid difference?

In fact, as another poster has said, you can often get OE or OE-quality filters for less than the s**te halfords sell.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Never heard of an oil filter called "VAG". Obviously they are of no use from what you say?

Reply to
pete

Volkswagen audi geselschaf :D

Reply to
David R

And he's wrong about genuine VAG filters. Some *non-genuine* filters don't have a non-return valve, so the oil drains out of the filter, so the oil pressure takes a while to build, causing engine wear.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Sorry about that, not sure where that came from - What I said was complete b0****x, I meant to say the complete opposite _duh!

Reply to