bio diesel

Anyone using veggie oil in a common rail engine, with the price of diesel should be popular now. John

Reply to
Johnnie Scott

Why would people using bio-diesel (or in this case cooking oil) in a diesel be popular? What connection does their popularity have with the price of diesel?

Reply to
deadmail

a) For environmental reasons, cutting down on fossil fuel b) For financial reasons, as biodiesel carries much less excise duty, though the new Tesco fuel with 5% biodiesel carries 1-2p premium

Alec

Reply to
Alec

I can understand *why* people would want to use biodiesel.

I don't understand why the fact that normal diesel is expensive would make people who choose to use biodiesel popular.

Reply to
deadmail

Wasn't the OP trying to say: Is anyone using vgiie oil/biodiesel in a common rail engine? Witht he price of diesel it should be popular now.

At least that's how I read it! :-)

Reply to
Rob

Ah - just wasting your time then.

Reply to
Doug

No more than normal on usenet.

Reply to
deadmail

THe only bio-diesel for sale in my local area is the same price as normal diesel so its definitely not a cost thing.

Reply to
Conor

Maybe the OP meant home made bio-diesel.

Whilst were touching on fuel costs do the knowledgeable people in this group think that more fuel blockades are on the horizon?

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Portess

Rumour has it yes, as said by the man who works at the local Shell. My take is possibly no. Blair putting the army on stand by to drive tankers is more than likely part diversion from some up coming potential scandal, and part warning shot to anyone who is thinking about protesting. Wouldn't be surprised if some of these new so called anti terrorist laws mean anyone protesting gets incarcerated either.

I would like to think people will protest, as petrol is much higher now than when the protests took place last time, but I'm not convinced. If it does go ahead though, I can always go and stand outside my local depot, although it's hardly a major site :D

Reply to
Stuffed

I think he knows that.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Why exactly would you like to think that? What makes you want to see a bunch of morons blockading some refineries? Is it perhaps the compete lack of understanding of the concept of taxation?

Reply to
Grunff

Thank you. Really. If we pay less tax on fuel we'll pay more elsewhere.

I'd like to see the tax disk abolished and an extra penny or two put on the price of fuel to cover for it, but apart from that I'm happy enough with the fuel taxation.

Reply to
deadmail

How ironic - that's exactly what you appear to be doing!

Reply to
Rob

The message from "Mike G" contains these words:

Most taxes are introduced as a temporary measure - can you see a goverment having the honesty to say "We're going to screw you for ever"?

Reply to
Guy King

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Guy King saying something like:

What tickled me was the Chancellor having to mention every Budget that he's continuing the 'temporary measure' of income tax [1]. I suppose that legally/technically if he didn't happen to mention it, we could all stop paying it. Until the following day.

[1] At least I think it was income tax - it might be something else.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

1st April 1973, IIRC.
Reply to