Old car paint

Does anyone know where to get old colour car paint, specifically Saffron Yellow for a Triumph.

Only a small amount is needed so would prefer an off the shelf source.

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

If it's old, it's probably cellulose and you'll have to order that. Expect a minimum of 1 litre and around 25 quid.

Or you could search the auto jumbles for a NOS tin of touch up.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Well Halfords still supply Inca Yellow (have used on my Spit and its a good match) so they might also have Saffron although I haven't noticed. Look under Rover though when checking.

Failing that you can order a 400ml Aerosol from the Sports Six Club

for about a tenner for non members. They also do bigger cans for use with spraying equipment and touch ups if you want them.

What kind of Triumph by the way? Doug

Reply to
Doug

Go to a car paint suppliers. Ask them to take a chip off an inconspicuous part near where you're painting and they'll match that.

Remember getting an off the shelf tin means the colourmatch will be awful as it won't take into account 20+ years worth of sun fading unlike getting a proper colourmatch from the immediate area to spraying.

A car paint suppliers can also make you up an aerosol out of it too if you want.

Reply to
Conor

While I agree with all of this, the TSSC paints seem pretty darn close from my own experience (although I have no idea when my car was last sprayed). However the only paint supplier close to me wouldn't deal with a private customer.... (to their loss) so if you take this route I hope you encounter someone who is less of a prick and knows that any customer is a good customer.

Reply to
Doug