Bizzare Clutch Fault (Rover 620Ti)

My fiancee has had my Rover 600 since march, and today the clutch appears to have gone on the car. This is the third time in 3 years, the first was the slave and master cylinders which I replaced, then in 2004 I replaced the entire clutch, and up till today, the clutch still felt as good as new, but when she was driving she suddenly said the pedal felt a bit weird, and she could not engage any of the gears.

She was towed to work, and after calling the AA out, he had a quick look underneath the car and could see the clutch was disengaging, but the pedal felt stiff, and it would not go into gear. It was towed to the garage today and hopefully will find out tomorrow what is going on, what I don't get is that the hydrolic fluid was fine, and for no reason I can see it's gone again?? gearbox seems fine, any suggestions on what it could be?

Cheers

Austin

Reply to
Aust_Powers