Bl***y insurance companies.

Decided to go ahead and buy the car. Collect it tomorrow. So went online to my insurance company to change the details since I now
had a reg number. And was refused the change, with no reason given. None of my details had changed (other than being older) - just the car.
Thinking it might be a model on their blacklist or whatever, I cleared cookies and went to Money Supermarket for a quote. Got one from Hastings only slightly more than I'm paying now, so OK for a faster and more valuable car (being newer). My own insurance company came right down the list at some 8 time more...
So phoned up my insurance company as the last ditch attempt. Was told I could do this online and save the administration fee. ;-) But on giving them the reg number of the new car, only a 30 quid increase to the end of my policy in 5 months or so, plus the 25 quid admin fee. So a result.
All I'm wondering now is why I couldn't have done this online.
--
*I didn't drive my husband crazy -- I flew him there -- it was faster

Site Timeline