boy..err..car for sale! (maybe)

I think.

The escort is in its death throes..it is now as pleased to see water as your average one-eyed, homeless feline (the extra smelly kind). Electrically it's buggered in some fashion that everyone seems to agree would neccessitate a complete rewire to even diagnose, yet once it's dry you wouldn't know there was anything up (other than it actually being an old escort).

I have obtained a '97 Citroen ZX with 72k on it for bugger all (albeit in need of a complete brake replacement, handbrake cable, stereo, new mot and tax). Now the question is, do I try and sell the old scrote ('96, 1.3) or do I just drive it to its final resting place? Seems a bit of a shame not to let someone give it a go, even if I currently drive along with a sense of impending fireball...it runs fine mechanically when it's running and all that's needed to get around the water problem short-term is a brief disconnect from the battery and it lets you start it fine. Fair enough it's got 84k on it but it's had some decent servicing and plenty of new bits in the last year or so. Never sold one before sooo..I dunno!

(clean) suggestions?

chandy

Reply to
Chandy