Brake fluid

Ok, thanks all for the help earlier, I have now topped up my coolant but when I did this I noticed the brake fluid was well below the minimum line!

The car had a full service only 2 months ago so I find this a little worrying. Also I have noticed recently that my breaks are letting out a high pitch squeal at slow speed braking, a little more pressure and it stops but it is a bit embarrasing in traffic jams. Do I need a garage to change my fluid or can I just top up with something off the shelf?

Is the squealing in any way linked to the low fluid or old knackered fluid?

Should the garage have changed this during the service?

My car has disks all round but the front ones are relatively new and all the pads are less than a year old.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Reply to
Mario Lanza

If your brake fluid is *well* below the minimum level then check your pads, brake fluid can only go down due to pad wear or leaks.

Reply to
Fred

The message from "Fred"

Reply to