Brake line clamps

Can you use mole grips to clamp a brake line or would it be a bit silly?

Reply to
Doki

I'll tell you when I get the car recovered from the hedge :P.

Reply to
Doki

I have read that putting large sockets over the jaws protects the flexibles but I've not tried it yet. Let us know if it works ! :-)

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

I have clamped hoses in the past with success - I allways feel uncomfortable about it though ! If the hose is in good condition, I think they can take it. Bike mechanics regularly do this kind of thing when bleeding awkward systems. If not using a proper hose clamp, do protect the hose from being cut by the sharp serations ( how do you spell that...)

Steve

Reply to
sro

serrations :-)

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

If you depress the brake pedal and keep it there the fluid doesn't run out. You might have to undo a bleed nipple first to enable you to press the pedal right down.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

Good point, I'll try that in future....