Buying Advice for Diesel Car

Hi,

I currently drive 110 miles a day and I am looking to buy a diesel car. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to what I should be looking to buy. I will running the car out of my own pocket and I'm looking to spend 5k-8k. I am not sure whether I should by a newish car for low miles (8000+) or a car with high-ish miles (60,000+). I need something that will be reliable and a good fuel economy 50+mpg.

Many Thanks

John

Reply to
John Green

Citroen or Peugeot with hdi engine. My Xantia 90hdi year 2000 cost £5800 at two years old with 34000 miles up. I've added twenty thousand miles including towing a caravan to France and Spain and it's not missed a beat (touch wood).Was doing 50mpg but that's dropped since I tweaked it with a powerbox. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

I second that, for that money I'd choose a Xsara HDI, maybe the 110bhp if available at your price. The Xsara is like the fine riding 306, but with a more modern interior and is still a current model. The 306 never cane with the 110bhp which is a gem of an engine.

Reply to
Ben Cowell

Reply to
mark williams

Toyota Avensis D4D... Bullet proof and is just like Museli ! ( Not very exciting, but good for you) I am a big big fan of those..... Sold dozens for taxi use...... one has just over 400,000 miles on it and replaced a clutch and a few other items..Really solid and reliable.

JK

Reply to
JK