"Buzzing" vibration in Ford Mondeo

Hi,

I have a 2005 Mondeo 115 TDCi LX hatchback and its recently developed a loud "buzzing" vibration. The vibration starts at around 35mph and gets worse as speed increases. It does not seem to be related to what gear I'm in. The sound appears to be coming from the back of the car.. i thought it was one of the rear wheels, but I've changed them one by one with the spare and it hasn't made any difference. Any suggestions, its driving me nuts?

Reply to
Chris

Have you checked the exhaust mountings or rear wheel bearings, or even the front ones? I don't know about this model of Mondeo but the previous model was renowned for having broken rear bumpers that flap in the breeze as you got faster (no support for the bottom middle of the bumper, I know 'cos I had a P reg one as a co. car that did just that). They usually crack around the exhaust cut-out when put through a car-wash and then the crack would grow from there!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan