Ford Mondeo Boot not locking

Hi,

A have a 2000/y reg 1.8 lx mondeo hatchback. I can't get the boot lock to engage at all so the boot is just rattling around when the car is driven. I had used the car the day before and had inadvertently left the boot ajar, and since that i have been unable to shut/lock it. The other doors all lock fine, nothing appear to be blocking the door from closing properly and the catch appears to move fine. I have tried spraying some WD40 on the catch.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reply to
davidmwyatt

Has a spring within the lock mechanism broken or become disattached?

Reply to
Vim Fuego

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1164403281.918590.12240 @m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

Can you push the catch to another position to see if it will latch? It may be stuck in the shut position. I had this with a Volvo door catch once, and had to use a screwdriver shaft to "unlock" it when it was open.

Reply to
Tunku

P.S If the latch is fine, but just wont shut properly, there are rubber stoppers that adjust the dampening of the hatch. Screw them in a little to afford the lock more catch.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts