Can't change down gears into 2nd without double d clutching.

I have just got a combo van with 60k miles and recently I am having trouble changing down into 2nd gear.It only goes in if I double d clutch ,same with 1st gear,all others are ok.Can anyone help with the solution to this problem ???.Cheers

Reply to
comba

Synchromesh shagged ?

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Probably. Maybe someone put snakeoil in the box and knackered the requirement for friction on the races attached to the gears. Drain the gearbox oil, put the recommended stuff in and hopefully all will be well. If not, keep working that left foot. Old timers like me were brought up on it. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Cable clutch needs adjustment?

Reply to
R. Murphy

Sorted problem,filed a piece of plastic down that was stopping me push the gear knob far enough left to go into 1st and 2nd just inside the gear lever box.Bloody shabby Vauxhall plastic parts.Cheers for your suggestion though.

Reply to
comba

John.

Reply to
John Glover

Wish it was all so easy !!

cheers

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Probably a worn rubber part somewhere else that's causing this.

Reply to
adder1969